Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Friday, April 23, 2010

What it is, what it's not

Just to get a few things out there in my never-ending quest to postpone working on my research. Here are a few things of what I want this blog to be and what it's not.

What I have in mind:
  • This is not a "How to Write a Winning Screenplay" nor is it written by someone who even knows what that is. I think I know a good story, I enjoy good movies and I'm a writer. I know lots of details about lots of things and I think I can turn some of that useless knowledge into a good story.
  • This is not a "How to Make a Million Dollars Selling Your Movie Idea." Frankly, I have no idea how to make a million dollars but I'm quite sure it shouldn't be all that difficult. That's a different post, but for now, just know that I don't know the secrets, I do have any insider information and I don't have it all figured out. I do expect to figure out a few things along the way, and I'll share that here.
  • This is not going to be strictly about my work on my script. My life is too full and busy for that. I have the same complications everyone else has. Some days I'm just going to write about coffee or vent about school. That's just the way it is and this is going to be my place to vent. If you don't like that, go read something else.
  • I'm not writing for you, I'm doing this for me. It's a selfish way to get things out of my head, vent a bit and then move on. It's my own way of keeping myself accountable. Back in my journalism days, I wrote an occasional column about life...I miss those days. This is my outlet. If I'm lucky, it'll help me keep up on the things I have on my plate: my kiddo, relationships, grad school AND my script.
That's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment