Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Friday, April 30, 2010

Ah...It's coming alive

During my massage this morning, I was intentionally focused on letting my mind wander through my story in hopes of bringing a few areas of my story to life. What more could have been achieved than naming one of my key players. Names for me are not just accidental, meaningless configurations. For this character, I wanted his name to "fit" in more than just an identity, but with a name that was filled with multiple connotations.

This works. Suddenly, there's new excitement for my story...as if individuals are coming to life, becoming breathing beings. Something about naming -- it makes a difference. This character now has a substance and a "nature" that he didn't have yesterday. Creating a "being" is about the ultimate creative endeavor.

Days like today...being a writer feels powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment