Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Friday, April 30, 2010

There's reading, and then there's writing.

Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434: The Industry's Premier Teacher Reveals the Secrets of the Successful Screenplay
Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434: The Industry's Premier Teacher Reveals the Secrets of the Successful Screenplay
This is probably my favorite book for the screenwriting. I have other books, but this is the one I turn to most often. Frankly, I don't want to read too much about screenwriting, I just want to know enough to get by but I don't want to lose my voice or change my style too much to conform in ways that would make me too much like the pack. I want to DO screenwriting, not worry about what others are doing or what they think.

Learning the mechanics is like learning grammar.

Yet at a certain point, you either write the screenplay or become paralyzed because of too much screenwriting advice. I can't afford that. I may have technical issues with my screenwriting, but no one can tell my story like I can. No one else has my distinct voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment