Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Screen-writing v. screen-thinking

Some people are thinkers and other people are writers. The thinkers are the kind of dreamer that never gets their ideas out of their head, they don't know how to get them out, how to put them into words on paper and communicate their ideas to others. They have this concrete wall, a skull, they can't permeate.

Writers are dreamers as well, only they have developed the skills to translate their thoughts into words. Writers write, as the saying goes. I look at the guy who struggles with the idea in his head, incapable to take pen to paper and connecting the two. I don't want to be him.

I can be intimidated by the task. I can be overwhelmed by the hard work. I can be exhausted from the long hours. I can ache from slouching in front of the computer all night. I can want to quit but I don't. The payoff is finishing the work. Finishing the work is succeeding where most everyone else fails. As long as I continue to write, I will finish. If I quit, then I'm just that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment