Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The weight of words

Interesting to take an entire day off of all work. The thinking doesn't stop, but at least the mind was mostly at rest. I wasn't demanding any study, any writing...nothing creative, nothing academic. Breathing in and out, watching people, hanging out with friends and family. When my story intruded into the day, I'd give it a moment then set it aside.

I've been thinking about words this weekend. Words matter. How we say them matters. How we write them, and transmit them to others matters. We can affect people with our words. We choose to build others up or we can choose to tear them down. My characters are choosing words, some less carefully than others. My hero got his feelings crushed the other day, so he's taking a break. He's going inside now, going to a safe place to get back to that sense of security and to feel once again capable to complete his journey. Even though there's no turning back, he has choices about how to move forward.

As do we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment